Effective Date: April 1, 2022
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how You Got This Corp – DBA WE GOT THIS.ORG, a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization – uses your information and applies to all who use our websites and platforms – including mobile applications, touch technologies, electronic services, social networking sites, interactive features, online services or any of our described online activities we own or control (collectively, the “Service”).
By using the Service, you acknowledge you have read the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not want your information handled as described in this Privacy Notice, please do not provide us with your information or interact with the Service.
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Service prior to the change becoming effective. You can determine when this Privacy Notice was last revised by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers: such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Demographic information: such as your age, birthdate, and gender.
- Commercial information: such as information that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including purchasing tendencies and order history; areas of interest; information collected through your interactions with social networks; information about persons for whom you have purchased WE GOT THIS vouchers as gifts or who have bought WE GOT THIS vouchers as gifts for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
- Location information: such as information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service.
- Internet and network activity information: such as information about your browsing behavior, search history, and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons.
- Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: such as our assessment of the types of products or services you may have an interest in.
2. How WE GOT THIS Collects Information
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you use the Service; make a purchase; register to receive information, products, or services available through the Service; or interact with us in other ways. We will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Service. We also collect any information that you voluntarily enter into any postings, comments, or forums within the Service. If you send an e-mail to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us.
- Location information: We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information, such as the city, state, and/or zip code associated with your IP Address, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service. We may use such location information to customize the Service, including advertising that is presented to you. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example, by disabling “Location” services for the WE GOT THIS application in iOS privacy settings.
3. How WE GOT THIS Uses Information
We may use information collected as described in this Privacy Notice to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Service and other programs, features, and functionality related to the Service;
- Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications, and offers for products and services from us and our business partners, including based on your precise geolocation;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about WE GOT THIS and our business partners, sometimes by combining your information with information we obtain from other sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of our business partners;
- Verify your requests made pursuant to this Privacy Notice;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Notice with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
WE GOT THIS uses your geolocation, including your precise geolocation, consistent with this Privacy Notice as described in Section 2 above to deliver location-based offers, products or services that may be of interest to you.
If you use any features on the Service to send information about a product or service to another person, we will also collect the personal information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them using the information you provided us.
4. When and Why WE GOT THIS Discloses Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- as required to comply with the law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate;
- to protect our rights, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting WE GOT THIS;
- if the information has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise does not identify you personally; and
- otherwise with your consent.
5. Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- You have the right to update your personal information
- You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information
- You have the right to request that WE GOT THIS delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights through the new by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are a consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf at email@example.com along with a notice signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including but not limited to verification of your email, prior to responding to your requests.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your WE GOT THIS account.
6. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Notice only addresses the use and disclosure of information by WE GOT THIS through your interaction with the Service. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Service and our co-branded websites may have their own privacy notices and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy notices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy notices provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
7. Children’s Privacy
The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 16 and WE GOT THIS has no actual knowledge of the sale of information of minors under 16 years of age.
By using WE GOT THIS, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Service.
8. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to personal information that we have collected about you and written information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to vendors outside Canada. E-mail us at email@example.com with questions.
WE GOT THIS utilizes various valid data transfer mechanisms for personal information at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will continue to monitor and assess the appropriateness of other valid data transfer mechanisms as they become available.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request, once a year, if we have shared their personal information with other companies for those companies’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by WE GOT THIS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.